Barilla Al Bronzo Bucatini with Smoky Amatriciana Sauce
1 package Barilla® Al Bronzo Bucatini
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 small yellow onions, cut julienne
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup bacon, cut julienne
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 28-ounce can San Marzano style tomatoes and liquid
Sea salt to taste
4 basil leaves, torn
½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a skillet, gently cook onions with olive oil, red pepper and garlic until translucent, about five minutes.
- Add bacon; sauté for 4-5 additional minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, 2 cups of water and let simmer until extra liquid is evaporated and the sauce thickens.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce and basil.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.