This recipe was created by Chef Shannon Sisson for our Barilla Great Bakes Recipe Contest.
Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Lasagne
APPLE PIE LAYER:
10 cans sliced apples, chopped into smaller pieces
1/4 cup cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup melted butter or margarine
32 ounces of cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Mix the following together all ingredients for the Apple Pie Layer and reserve.
- Mix these cheesecake layer ingredients with a mixer until well blended.
- Blend the all ingredients for the Streusel topping with a mixer. Keep all layers in separate bowls.
- Build lasagna starting with a small amount of apple slices in the bottom of the pan.
- Place one noodle and add about 2-2 1/2 cups of Apple Pie mixture for the first layer, then add a noodle, and then cheesecake layer using about 1/4 of cheesecake mixture.
- Repeat layers with the cheesecake layer on top.
- Bake at 300F uncovered for 45 min, add streusel topping and bake until cheesecake is firm in the middle and noodles are tender.