Need a little inspiration for your new pasta dishes? Look no further! The possibilities are endless with so many pasta shapes and sauces. We have the right pairing to bring your pasta to the utmost perfection.
- Fettuccine and Fettuccine Rigate are thicker, flat, long shapes and can withstand extremely robust sauces like dairy-based, oil-based or tomato-based sauces or sauces combined with meat, vegetables, seafood or cheese
- Thin Spaghetti is often used with light structured sauces that balance the delicacy of its long, thin shape.
- Rigati means “ridged” in Italian. Because of its extra grooves, Rigati and Spaghetti Rigati hold more sauce that its smooth shaped counterparts.
- Shell shapes like Conchiglie Rigate (Large Shells) work well with vegetable-based sauces, heartier meat or tomato-based sauces and shellfish sauces.
- Farfalle is ideal when paired with intense fragrances and flavors.
- Thick Tube shapes work best with full flavor sauces such as Barilla ® Three Cheese or a mushroom cream sauce. Their larger diameter and ridges allow them to retain sauces on all surfaces.
Looking for the perfect recipe? Find your next dish right here on our website.